08 January 2011

My Triumphant Return to the Blogosphere

Aloha blogosphere!

It's been quite a while since I published anything to my blog, for a number of reasons, but none of them more prevalent than all of my "free" time over the last few years being consumed by scholastic pursuits. But, alas, they are now behind me and I resolve to be more consistent in my blogging.

During my time off, however, I have been keeping a mental list of topics I would like to explore such as:

* Why do we Anglicize the name of so many cities in non English-speaking countries (for example, we call it "Florence" while it is "Firenze" in Italy).
* Cuban/American relations, how is anyone benefitting from the current foreign policy
* Why economists should rule the world (or at least those of the Austrian and/or Chicago school)
* My planned mid-life crisis
* The natural end to contemporary liberal political thought
* Monarchies...can we do away with them finally?
* What's so bad about a free market?
* A politically incorrect take on political correctness
* The magic that was the 2010 Texas Rangers season
* American public transportation
* Can we finally acknowledge it's time for the labor unions to give it up?
* How many poor folks in third world countries remain impoverished because of the American left
* Is the World Cup the finest sporting event on the planet?

So, while I simultaneously catch up on my reading list (I resolve to read at least one book per month this year), I promise to sprinkle a number of blogs as 2011 meanders along its path. If only my blog had any readers! :-)

No comments: